Enjoy the outdoors with this jogging plan from Flora ProActiv
Towns and cities are full of great parks. Finding one near you to go jogging in on a regular basis is a great way to be active while enjoying some fresh air. Best of all, it’s free and can be done with friends and family, and helps you achieve an active lifestyle.
Exercise for at least 30 min every day is important for good health and overall wellbeing. To be able to intensify your workout you should try to use this plan as a part of your exercise routine at least 2-3 times a week. You can start with this program even if you’re a beginner but, as with any form of exercise, consult with an expert before starting, especially if you have joint issues, are on medication or have been inactive for a while.
Walk for the first couple of days.
Continue walking but speed up when possible to elevate your heart rate.
Introduce jogging, so that you alternate walking and jogging at a comfortable level.
Day 15 and beyond
Jog for longer periods at your own pace. Make sure your heart rate stays within 65%–85% of its maximum range. (An expert can tell you what that should be.) If it’s above 90% of your target heart rate, you are pushing yourself too hard.
5 Tips to Remember
- Wear the appropriate clothing, including multiple layers on colder days.
- Check the weather and prepare for it.
- Always wear a good pair of trainers. Working out in old, worn-out trainers is one of the most common causes of sports injuries.
- Exercise with a friend if possible. You know you’ll be ready to progress to jogging if you can hold a conversation while walking.
- Hydrate with water before, during and after the workout.
An important note when incorporating exercise into your lifestyle is that you should always take it slow. Part of developing a healthy and active way of life is making sure your body is ready for it. If you go about it the right way, you’ll be right on track to finding a healthier you!