Ricotta Veggie Pies
Ricotta Veggie Pies
A yummy vegetarian pie for the whole family
- RECIPE SERVES: 4
- PREP TIME 15 min
- COOK TIME 35 min
- 20 g / 1 tbsp Flora Pro.Activ Buttery or original
- 1 cup diced gold sweet potato
- 1 cup diced green zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp cumin
- 200 g low-fat ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs
- 6 mini Roma tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 10 g finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 mini Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, finely shredded
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 4 x 150mL non-stick muffin cups with Flora pro-activ.
- Heat Flora pro-activ in a non-stick frying pan. Add the sweet potato and cook, stirring, 2-3 minutes. Add the zucchini and cook stirring for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cumin and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Cool.
- Beat the ricotta in a bowl with a hand held mixer until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Stir in the cooled vegetable mixture.
- Spoon mixture evenly into the prepared muffin cups. Place three of the halved tomatoes on each pie, skin side down. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes until well puffed and golden. Cool in tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack. The pies will shrink while cooling.
- To make the salsa, toss the tomatoes with basil. Serve warm or cold with the salsa.
- TIP – Buy good parmesan off the block and grate it very finely.
|Energy (kcal)||217 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||907 kJ|
|Protein (g)||13.2 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||17.5 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||14.4 g|
|Sugar (g)||7.6 g|
|Fibre (g)||3.1 g|
|Fat (g)||10.5 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||3.7 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||5.4 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||2.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||1.1 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||176 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||201 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.50 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||8321 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||23.9 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||130 mg|
|Iron (mg)||2.79 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||593 mg|