A tomato tart to tingle the taste buds
- RECIPE SERVES: 6
- PREP TIME 15 min
- COOK TIME 30 min
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup self-raising wholemeal flour
- 60 g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 60 g / 3 tbsp Flora Pro.Activ Buttery or original
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 - 6 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 50 g tomato paste, no added salt
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 2 cups baby green salad leaves, for serving
- 1 small avocado, chopped for serving
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 6 x 9cm base pie dishes with Flora pro-activ and line the base with baking paper.
- Mix flours and cheese in a mixing bowl. Mix in Flora pro-activ with a spatula until well combined. Stir in the lightly beaten egg and mix into a soft dough.
- Arrange the tomato in overlapping circles over the base of the prepared dishes. Spread the tomato paste over the tomatoes.
- Take small dollops of the pastry mix and place over the tomatoes. Press out with lightly flour coated fingertips to almost cover the tomatoes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and when a skewer inserted in the pastry comes out clean. Leave in the dishes for 5 minutes before inverting onto a flat serving dish.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve hot or at room temperature cut into wedges with salad leaves and avocado.
- TIP – To make one large tart, bake in a 20cm base pie dish.
|Energy (kcal)||289 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1203 kJ|
|Protein (g)||10.4 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||33.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||28.3 g|
|Sugar (g)||4.7 g|
|Fibre (g)||4.7 g|
|Fat (g)||13.4 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||3.7 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||9.1 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||3.3 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.9 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||43 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||614 mg|
|Salt (g)||1.53 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||5201 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||24.7 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||266 mg|
|Iron (mg)||2.85 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||624 mg|