Try this tasty breakfast to start your day off with a bang
- RECIPE SERVES: 10
- PREP TIME 10 min
- COOK TIME 15 min
- 2 cups traditional rolled oats
- 2 cups bran flakes cereal
- 1 cup natural almond kernels chopped
- 60 / 3 tbsp Flora Pro.Activ Buttery or original
- 3 tbsp maple or golden syrup
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Line a 35 x 25cm baking dish with baking paper.
- Place Flora pro-activ and maple syrup in a small saucepan and melt over a low heat. Place rolled oats, bran flake cereal and almonds into a bowl and mix to combine. Pour melted Flora pro-activ and maple syrup over the mixed oats, bran flake cereal and almond, and combine well.
- Place mix into the baking dish and spread out evenly. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 10 minutes, stir well and then cook for a further 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in the baking dish. When cold, store in an airtight container.
- Serve sprinkled over fresh seasonal fruit with low fat plain or flavoured yoghurt, or pack up and take for a snack at work.
- TIP : Mix in some dried Goji or Cranberries.
|Energy (kcal)||260 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1088 kJ|
|Protein (g)||9.5 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||36.8 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||30.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||7.3 g|
|Fibre (g)||6.7 g|
|Fat (g)||9.8 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||1.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||8.1 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||5.4 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||2.7 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||52 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.13 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||208 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||70 mg|
|Iron (mg)||4.35 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||309 mg|