Cherry Almond Cake
Cherry Almond Cake
Enjoy sweet treats while lowering your cholesterol with this dessert recipe.
- RECIPE SERVES: 8
- PREP TIME 15 min
- COOK TIME 25 min
- 60 g / 3 tbsp Flora Pro.Activ Buttery or original
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 670 g jar morello pitted cherries, drained
- 8 small scoops reduced fat ice-cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush a 20 cm fluted flan dish with melted Flora pro-activ.
- Cream Flora pro-activ, sugar and vanilla sugar until light and creamy. Beat in the lemon zest. Gradually beat in the egg yolks. Whisk the egg whites and fold into the creamed mixture alternatively with the flour and almond meal. Spread mixture into the prepared dish.
- Arrange cherries over the top of the mixture, creating an even pattern. Place the remaining cherries to the side.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool.
- Serve warm or cold with ice cream and left over cherries, either whole or chopped and swirled through the ice cream.
- TIP – Vanilla sugar is made by adding a dried vanilla bean to a jar of caster sugar, or you can add an extra tbsp of caster sugar and ½ tsp vanilla extract to this recipe.
|Energy (kcal)||536 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||2253 kJ|
|Protein (g)||9.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||106.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||97.5 g|
|Sugar (g)||59.5 g|
|Fibre (g)||8.5 g|
|Fat (g)||11.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||2.5 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||4.2 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||2.6 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||1.5 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||73 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||339 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.85 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||466 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||2.9 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||125 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.82 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||104 mg|